View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
The Open Space Committee meets on the fourth Thursday of every month at 7:00PM, in the Town Hall Room 203.
Please check the Official Posted Meeting Notices section of Upton's website to confirm the location and to view the agenda.
All residents are invited to attend and new members are welcome.
How to Reach Us
- Increase awareness and enjoyment of Upton's protected lands and natural resources and educate the public on open space issues.
- Work with public officials, private landowners, and land trusts to identify opportunities for open space management, protection or acquisition.
- Help the town develop by-laws , regulations and planning strategies to preserve open space, enhance natural habitats and ensure that rapid development does not overburden town services or town taxpayers.
- Work to preserve Upton's open spaces, cultural, agricultural and historical resources and landscapes, and Upton's rural, small-town character.
- Expand and improve active and passive recreational facilities.
- Protect Upton's water resources.
- Protect Upton's remaining agricultural land.
- Promote the stewardship of town-owned open space and conservation lands for natural resource protection and open space recreation.
- Co-sponsor nature walks and other public education events.
- Hold regular (at least monthly) posted public meetings.
- Maintain meeting minutes and submit minutes to the Town Clerk and the Conservation Commission.
- Prepare a yearly report summarizing committee activities for inclusion in the Annual Town Report.
|Denise Smith||Conservation Commission Administrative Assistant|
|Rick Holmes||CPA Committee Representative|