What if I disagree with my new property assessment?

All taxpayers have the right to contest their assessment. To do so you must file an application for abatement in writing on an approved form with the board of assessors. Tax abatement forms are available from your assessor's office. If tax bills were mailed on or before December 31st  then you must file for abatement by February 1st of the next year..