What remedies are available to me if the Assessor denies my abatement application and I am aggrieved by this decision?

If the Board of Assessors denies your application for abatement, or if you believe the abated value is still incorrect, you have the right to appeal this decision to the Massachusetts Appellate Tax Board. You must file your appeal within three (3) months of the Board’s decision. You may contact the Appellate Tax Board at 617-727-3100, or visit their web site at www.state.ma.us.