View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
How to Reach Us
- Administration of and compliance with the codes and standards adopted by the State of Massachusetts that regulate building construction.
- Administration of and compliance with the codes and standards adopted by the State of Massachusetts that regulate electrical, plumbing, gas and mechanical codes.
- Administration of and compliance with the Town of Upton Zoning By-laws and Architectural Access Board Regulations as they relate to buildings and properties located in the Town.
- Provide information to the public in order to assist in the understanding and application of the adopted codes and by-laws.
- Insure that those individuals and companies that do business in Town meet the regulatory standards set forth in the various codes and local by-laws for the business and occupation in which they are operating.
- Participate in the preservation of historic resources as outlined in the Town By-laws and State preservation guidelines.
The Building Official is responsible for administering and enforcing the International Building Code as well as the Massachusetts State Building Code and local Town by-laws. This is done initially through the plan-checking stage and then again during the field inspection stage.
|Diane Judd||Department Coordinator|
|Patrick H. Roche||Building Commissioner|
|Stephen C. Johnson||Local Inspector|
|John G. Poirier, Jr.||Wiring Inspector|
|David Stanley||Assistant Wiring Inspector|
|Thomas French||Plumbing & Gas Inspector|
|Kenneth Salsman||Assistant Plumbing & Gas Inspector|