Office is open to Public:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM**
**Patrick Roche, Building Commissioner on Saturdays
New Construction / Addition Requirements:
- One (1) copy of a Certified Plot Plan
- Disposal Works Construction Permit (Board of Health 529-6813)
- Driveway Permit (DPW 529-3067)
- Smoke Detector Permit (Fire Department 529-3421)
- Conservation Commission (529-6286)
- Mass check Compliance Report
- One set of Construction Plans
- House Number (Fire Department 529-3421)
- Workers Compensation Insurance Affidavit
Once the foundation has been poured, and PRIOR to framing, submit As Built for Foundation from a Qualified Engineer.
Note: Before the Building Department does any inspection; the street number of the proposed building shall be affixed in a conspicuous area identifying the lot. The number shall be a minimum of 6” in height.
- Checks are made payable to the Town of Upton
- A $50.00 charge will be paid to the Town of Upton for re-issuing a building permit.
- Commencement of work without the proper permits being issued will result in the doubling of permit fees.
All applications must be accompanied by one set of plans/drawings and a plot plan showing how many feet away from the property line the structure will be - unless the application is for repairs only.
Number of Inspections Required for Occupancy Permit:
1st Excavation Inspection 6th Insulation
2nd Footings 7th Board (Screw) Inspection
3rd Foundation & Damp proofing 8th Final Plumbing & Wiring
4th Rough Plumbing and Wiring 9th Fire Department
5th Rough Frame 10th Board of Health
11th Final Inspection