The Upton Community Preservation Committee (CPC) will review each application for Community Preservation Funds (CPA) with the following criteria as its guide. The CPC does not require a proposal to satisfy all criteria. We encourage applications to satisfy as many criteria as feasible and reasonable.
Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Are eligible for Community Preservation Act (CPA) funding according to the requirements described in the CPA legislation;
- Are consistent with the Upton Master Plan, Open Space Plan and other planning documents that have received wide scrutiny and input and have been adopted by the town;
- Preserve the essential character of the town as described in the Master Plan;
- Respond to documented needs;
- Save resources that would otherwise be threatened;
- Serve more than one CPA purpose;
- Demonstrate practicality and feasibility, and demonstrate that they can be implemented expeditiously and within budget;
- Produce an advantageous cost/benefit value;
- Leverage additional public and/or private funds;
- Preserve or utilize currently owned town assets;
- Receive endorsement by other municipal boards or departments;
- Serve the whole community or a significant part of the population.