The COA and The Upton Center continue to provide a full range of services to Upton residents 60 years of age, disabled, and low income individuals. Additionally, The Center serves as a focal point from which individuals of all ages can attain information and referrals for different services offered. The Center would like to think of itself as a resource engine to the community. The following services are available to disabled, low income and elders in the Town of Upton:
- Transportation to medical appointments, pick up prescriptions, eye glasses, etc. (please call The Center for information on ride schedule and fees)
- Certified S.H.I.N.E counselor on-site - Medicare and Health Insurance Needs
- Annual Fuel Assistance Program
- Medicare Part D information and assistance
- MassHealth information and assistance
- Home visit assessments/outreach or office appointments with our Social Services Coordinator
- Annual Flu Shot Clinics
- Podiatry clinics every other month by appointment
- Monthly Blood Pressure Clinic
- Tax Work-Off Program for Elders – This program was developed in 2005. Approximately 20 individuals over the age of 60 participate with differing skills and expertise. This program provides a way for participating elders in the community to get a tax reduction while Town residents benefit from their skills.
- Income Tax assistance each year with AARP Tax Program.
- FREE 911 cell phone program - call for more info
- SNAP - Food Stamp applications and assistance
- Holiday Assistance - food baskets, gift assistance
- Information regarding assistance from Salvation Army and about The Salvation Army Welfare Program
- R2 Discount Rate for National Grid. For program guidelines click here.
- For a list of local Food Pantries who service Upton please see attachment below or Click Here.
|Local Food Pantries who service Upton||13.25 KB|