Social Media Terms & Conditions
Upton Police Facebook
Terms & Conditions
The purpose of the Upton Police Facebook page is to permit authorized employees of the Department to provide the public with information concerning the Upton Police's mission, goals, programs, activities, events, news, stories, photographs, and, videos and to disseminate other information and material intended to increase public awareness of, and enhance respect for, the Upton Police and its members and employees. Please note that this is a purposefully controlled online site established for this limited purpose, not a public forum. All postings/comments are, in addition to being governed by the terms and conditions established by Facebook, subject to the following terms and conditions established by the Upton Police:
- Before submitting or posting a comment on this page, you must review and agree to the terms and conditions of Facebook and the terms and conditions established by the Upton police.
- A submission or posting on this page shall constitute acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions
- Do not use this page to report a crime or suspicious activity or to seek any emergency public safety services.
- In case of emergency or if you need police assistance, use your phone to dial 911
- To report a crime or suspicious activity, use your phone to dial 911 or call the Upton Police or the local police of your jurisdiction.
- All comments submitted or posted to this page are actively monitored and reviewed by the Upton Police. The Upton Police reserve the right to restrict, remove, or delete any posting/comment that is contrary to and/or inconsistent with the purpose of the page or violative of the applicable terms and conditions. The Upton Police Facebook page is not appropriate for and is not intended to accommodate, comments unrelated to the purpose of the page or particular postings authorized by the Department. Consistent with the purpose of this page, prohibited content includes but is not limited to the following:
- Comments not topically related to a particular posting authorized by the Upton Police
- Comments in support of or in opposition to candidates seeking election to office, political parties or organizations, political campaigns, and/ or ballot measures
- Comments that include or constitute abusive, profane, threatening, insulting, false, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, hateful, harassing or stalking, racist, sexist, misogynistic, bigoted, homophobic, vulgar, obscene, violent, pornographic or sexual, inappropriate or offensive, and/or criminal or unlawful language or content
- Comments that constitute, include, promote, foster, or perpetuate disparagement or discrimination of persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry or ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, and/or age
- Comments that constitute or include solicitation of commerce or promotion and/or advertisement of/for a business or commercial transaction, including but not limited to "spam" and other commercial content submitted or posted by individuals, groups, entities, or automatic software programs
- Comments that constitute, conduct, solicit, promote, encourage, or incite criminal or illegal activity or comments that otherwise incite imminent lawless action
- Comments that constitute or include a threat to public safety or security and/or that may compromise or tend to compromise public safety or security
- Comments that constitute or include an inappropriate and/or unauthorized disclosure of personal data or private or personal information about any individual
- Comments that constitute or include copyrighted or trademarked material and/or content that violates the legal ownership interest of another party, submitted or posted without proper authorization or consent
- Only comments consistent with these terms and conditions, as determined by the Upton Police, and those terms and conditions established by Facebook are welcome.
- The Upton Police does not allow the posting of photographs, videos, audio recordings (and/or similar media) or links to other pages or websites by anyone other than an authorized employee of the Upton Police. The posting of such content, material, information, or media is, except when posted by an authorized employee of the Department, strictly prohibited. If posted or submitted, such content, material, information, or media shall be restricted, removed, and/or deleted.
- If you have a photograph, video, or audio recording (and/or similar media) you want to share with the Upton Police or think the Upton Police would like to share on this page, please contact the Department at 508-529-3200.
- Only individuals, groups, and entities accepting and complying with, the applicable terms and conditions established by Facebook and the Upton Police are welcome. While this page is open for public inspection, only authorized users of Facebook are permitted to submit or post a comment. The Upton Police reserve the right to restrict, remove and/or block any person, group, or entity submitting and/or repeatedly submitting comment(s) or posting(s) contrary to or inconsistent with the purpose of the page, not topically related to particular postings authorized by the Department, and/or that are violative of the applicable terms and conditions.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- This page and its content are actively monitored and managed by the Upton Police through its Social Media Officers.
- "Friending," "liking," and/or similar exchanges or actions between Upton Police Officers or civilian employees and a Facebook user does not indicate endorsement of that user's actions or comments.
- Comments posted on this page by visitors on the Upton Police Facebook page DO NOT reflect the opinion(s) of the Department. The Upton Police neither endorse nor oppose, by its actions or inactions related to restriction, removal, or deletion of submissions/postings, the comments/content submitted/posted by others. Commenters alone are responsible for their comments, usernames, and/or any information or content they place or attempt to place on this page.
- Use of this site by Upton Police employees is governed by all applicable Rules and Regulations and Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to section 4.37 of the Department's Policies and Procedures.
- All postings on this page are voluntary and made at your own risk. By using or accessing Facebook and this page, you are, in addition to accepting the terms and conditions for use established by Facebook and the Upton Police, accepting the practices described in the Facebook Data Use Policy.
Updated June 14, 2022