Board of Health
To have a large item removed after 11/8/23, please call their Customer Service directly at 1-800-321-3002
New Prices effective 11/8/23:
- Appliances , sink, toilet, electronics, tv, computer, grill Wheelbarrow, bicycle, fitness equipment, carpet 4' tied, grill, furniture, christmas tree $25.00 each
- Box Spring/Mattress: $100.00
The Upton Board of Health is run by three board members, elected by town residents at the annual town meetings. The Board of Health has several responsibilities relating to public health, such as inspecting food establishments, receiving and acting on complaints regarding human health and sanitary housing, and overseeing the town's curbside trash and recycling program.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Laura Hebb, Chair - term ends 2024
Stedman (Ted) Briggs - term ends 2025
Quinn Parks - term ends 2026
- Mike Moran 508-612-9752 on call
- I need to have a Title 5 Inspection completed on my septic system, what do I do?
You may contact the BOH office for a list of inspectors, or call the company you use to pump out your septic tank to see if they are certified (most are). You will need to provide the inspectors with a copy of your septic system design plan, and the water table. Both should be available at the BOH office, by supplying us with the year the house was built, the lot number and any names originally associated with the home.
- I need to have my septic system pumped, but don't know where my tank is, what can I do?
Call or email the BOH office for a copy of your septic system design. Please have as much information as possible; date the house was built, name the house was built under, lot number (not street number). If the design plan is available, we will make a copy for you.
- How long do we need to worry about West Nile Virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis?
The mosquitoes that carry these diseases could be present until this area has a hard frost.